• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy OEM 97-98 Black textured fender flares??

brianglawson

NAXJA Forum User
As the title says, Im about to do a full repaint of my jeep back to its original Chilli Pepper Red and I want some new flares. I like the textured black flares much better than painted ones. I think they look tougher, if you will. Where can i buy some new ones? I see Pre-97 flares all over the place. When i find flares for 97+ how can i know they are the black textured ones instead of paintable ones? I know there is a difference.

My jeep has 5 inches of lift and 31.5 inch tires and will eventually be a 6.5 inch lift and 33's just for reference.

Part numbers from 98 parts catalog:
5FW70DX8AD - Black, With Country or Classic, (ART, ARX), Right
5FW71DX8AD - Black, With Country or Classic, (ART, ARX), Left
5FW74DX8AC - Glossy Black, Right
5FW75DX8AC - Glossy Black, Left

I don't see an entry for glossy front flares or textured rear flares, unfortunately. My bet (after eyeballing the above part numbers) is that 5FW74DX8AD and 5FW75DX8AD will be textured black rear flares, but I can't guarantee that's correct.

Good luck! They'll probably cost you a pretty penny from the dealership, try mopardiscountparts, wholesalemopar, moparpartsamerica, moparliquidators, moparpartsdirect, etc. Since the parts catalog indicates that the Country or Classic will come with the flares you want, you could probably also check a local junkyard for a cash 4 clunkers vehicle with them, they'll even be "pre faded" to match the rest of the vehicle better.

EDIT: looks like $70 a whack for the front ones and $142 for the rears. Part numbers have been superseded by more recent numbers, but these should work at the dealership or anywhere else that can take a MOPAR part number.

EDIT2: all of these are glossy black :( I dunno man, good luck finding textured ones.

Last edited:
I've got 2 sets I'll let go cheap. PM me if interested.
-Collin

kastein: Country and Classic CHerokees came with painted fender flares. Im pretty positive of this. Also, like i said Im doing a full respray so i think a junkyard is out of the question unless i decide to go with pained flares.

mine is a sport for reference

Bump TTT

I bought mine at the place below. They are located near Lynchburg and since you are not a Body/Repair Shop you will need to pick them up there and pay cash. They have textured or smooth for the 97+

Hyland Auto Parts Inc

159 Vista Centre Dr
Forest, VA 24551 Map

• (434) 316-9978
I forgot to add that I got both front caps and the center lower valence (smooth finish) for $105. The textured are cheaper from what I remember. I have a set I will sell you for $35 but they are not perfect but will mount up. Just PM me

Last edited:
Back