• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE1660 track bar with 3" lift?? anyone?

ncgamedog

NAXJA Forum User
I have an opportunity to get one of these track bars fairly cheap, and I would like to run it. Its one of the nicest bars out there, but I have no plans to go higher than 3"s on my MJ. RE says it wont work, but has anyone found that not to be true or modified this bar to shorten it up? thanks -J

I ran one at 3" no problem,worst case you could EASILY shorten it up!

yeah? did you have it adjusted all the way in? Someone said take the jam nut off to get more adjustment out of it. Where would be the best place to shorten it up? cut some of the threads off and female side off? Or cut it in the middle and sleeve it? I will have to buy the bracket from RE for $80 :shocked: so it may not be worth it. I could just get the Iron Rock one that works for 3" for $210 shipped...

You could do it if you cut some of the threads off the male side. I have it with a 4.5" RE kit and mine was adjusted as short as it could go.

Back