• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust Manifold

XJ4Christ

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for one for my 1993 YJ (4.0 ). I believe they are the same as ones on the XJs but I could be wrong. I have a crack in mine with exhaust leak. I guess the stock ones are junk (I am happy my XJ stock one is still good atm heh). I had looked in 4wd and Quadratec at some aftermarket ones and then noticed some cheaper ones online. I cant afford real expensive ones, but I dont want to go stock due to them having cracking issues. Any suggestions and maybe NAXJA venders or someone that carries them at good prices? :). I also noticed that some of them state they are "California legal" etc. I dont want to get something I cant use to smog my rig :).

Oh and I am also looking for inexpensive new heater core for the same rig. For my XJ I am shoping around for poly engine mounts and tranny mounts for my 1990 XJ with 4.0.

I wasnt sure If I should put this in the for sale section or on general section so if it needs moved I understand and appologize :).

Check all you engine mounts and trans mount. I have heard that those can cause the manifold to crack. I had the MORE mounts (or ones similar) and I never had one problem with mine cracking.

I can pick up the manifold from slowrider but I only live 5 miles closer. haha

When you get to changing it out give me a ring, I have this job down to less than 2 hours at this point.

When you get to changing it out give me a ring, I have this job down to less than 2 hours at this point.

And you can do it at my house where I have a bug air compressor but air tools are worthless in that tight spot. haha

Or is it that Tony and I will be using the air when you need it? :looser:

One thing - Does the YJ manifold wrap around the front of the oil pan sump like the TJ does? If so it is not the same manifold as an XJ.

Actually I am not sure. I will have to check that and see if it goes around the front of the oil pan.. i dont think it does but I need to look :).

There are a lot of replies! :). I appreciate the offers of help! Very cool.

If i decide to weld it I will let you know :). If i get a header put on it and the one I take off is a good candidate I might hook up with you to weld it and donate it to someone that might need it on here or save for a back up etc.

My YJ's motor mounts and such are good so I dont believe they caused the header to crack. The YJ rides pretty rough though so maybe all the bouncing contributed to it somehow dont know...

My XJ (which its header is good) has almost no rubber left on its mounts go figure hehe :). I do need to replace the pipe between the header and the cat though as my last wheeling trip resulted in the pipe getting smashed up by my front drive shaft and contributing to a 'wierd noise".. which was due I believe to bad motor and tranny mounts on it.

I am going to go to Goatfest in the morning on Saturday, so if you happen to be going there and have the header to go to a new home that would be cool place to get from you. If not no biggie and I appreciate the offer and I might come down and get it :).

Thanks again for all the replies and offers :).

Last edited:
And you can do it at my house where I have a bug air compressor but air tools are worthless in that tight spot. haha

Or is it that Tony and I will be using the air when you need it? :looser:

We could do it at your place but you will have to hold Tony's tool while someone plays with his nuts :dunno:

Back