• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor vibration

MissouriXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok as you know I have been having issues with a vibration, I thought is was in the drive line, but if my Jeep is just sitting idling, and I open the hood and raise the rpm to about 1000 RPM, the whole thing vibrates, not really shakes but an actual unbalanced vibration feel. This all came after I put this motor in, so I am looking for idea's of were to track this down. I have checked all the vacuum lines. So any other idea's? Do the torque converters on these have to be lined in a certain place or does it really matter? Any idea's of were to start would be great, thanks

94 XJ with a 93 4.0 in it. runs great except for the vibration

Look closely at the crankshaft damper, behind the belt pulley. See if rubber's squeezing out- if it's bad you'll probably see a mark on the front cover where it's getting wiped clean, or worse, rubbing metal to metal.

Look closely at the crankshaft damper, behind the belt pulley. See if rubber's squeezing out- if it's bad you'll probably see a mark on the front cover where it's getting wiped clean, or worse, rubbing metal to metal.

I agree with JJacobs, and also what is the condition of your mounts?

K havnt tried unhooking the injectors yet. It clears up after that point and at idle. Just around that rpm range it is very noticeable

hey, i had a terrible vibration on mine for a while, and i finally figured out that the bearing in that bracket for the mechanical fan had gone bad, and the fan was all whopperjawed and turning crooked, thus making the whole jeep shake, and it got worse depending on rpms...

Back