• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door checkes -sources?

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know where to find them? Yards around here want me to buy the whole door. Both my door checks have grenaded. I much rather have brand new ones.

Anyone know where to get them without going to the dealer.

These ?
4231-8496frtdoorck.jpg

Try Team Cherokee

http://www.teamcherokee.com/Door_and_Related_Items/index.html

Yes those, but for less than $100 a set. I can get a whole door for that much at the jy.

Just seems like $56 each is a little steep.

Anyone know if you can buy just the pin(as seen in the above picture) at the dealer? My door checks are fine but 1 of the pins fell out and got lost. Nothing I've put in seems to work and I need that stupid pin.

find a JY where you can pull the parts yourself and find the newest XJ in the best condition you can find. i just replaced one of mine with one from a JY and i think it was only like $5. mine had broken into pieces.

Anyone know if you can buy just the pin(as seen in the above picture) at the dealer? My door checks are fine but 1 of the pins fell out and got lost. Nothing I've put in seems to work and I need that stupid pin.

I don't remember the size, but 5-90 I believe has used clevis pins from the hardware store. PM 5-90.

Dorman/Help 38434 Door Check Pins for 94-2001 XJs.

I thought I needed new checks, but I actually just needed pins- found the bars retracted in the door.

If you need new pins, get new brackets as well. They're usually egged out pretty badly as they are softer material than the pins. A few bucks at the scrapyard should get you as many as you want, plus bolts to install them, though I know teamcherokee also has them brand new.

Yes, you can... for about the same price as team cherokee.

Yes, you can... for about the same price as team cherokee.

Cool thanks, I didn't want to order and pay shipping for that one pin set. I also don't like junkyards to me it makes no sense to replace a wear and tear part with another used one...

Back