• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rod ends - Strongest?

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
Ok need to replace this POS Full traction rod end at the axle side of the track bar, with only about 1200 miles on it and 3 outings. I already had to cut their POS delrin end at the frame side off, and weld on a currie Johnny Joint, since the delrin was distrorted to hell.

Now my question is who makes the Best 3/4" x 3/4" Rod End? Mis alignment isnt a concern as the johnny allows more then enough in that side.

I almost was concidering just welding a bolt to a stock style end in a tube, but dont have that much length readily avail. I could always cut down the track bar though if that is the best route?

so who makes the best rod ends?

you sure? They are only like 15$ for the 3/4 chromoly and rated at 25,000 the one web site said I found with a quick search.. Poly has the 28000 lbs rated and is 33$..

Ummm

It has nothing to do with the price or manufacturer. You have to look at the specifications chart which gives the rated capacity and get a rod end that you are comfortable is strong enough for your application.

Just saying which rod end is strongest is like saying what is the best oil. The online stores that sell rod ends, like Ploy Performance or Spidertrax, give the ratings of the rod ends that they sell. Plus, you can look at the various rod end manufacturers to see all of their product ratings. Very easy to research.

Basically, a chromo rod end in the $30 plus category should work.

cool, thanks...

Now where the hell do I walk in to in so cali (OC)to buy one..

just went ahead and ordered one from poly. saved me having to drive and usually only takes a day since they are just north of me.

Thanks for you help....

I don't really trust QA1, they just started making higher quality rod ends, before then they were always the cheap ones.

We run Aurora Rod Ends but FK makes some that are just as good. Aurora AM series is their best series or XAM if you want a larger shank.

FarmerMatt said:
Most any industrial supply house or bearing house will carry them. Most of the time they are priced too high, but most speed shops will carry them as well.

Matt,

Where do you buy your FK rod ends?

Joe said:
Matt,

Where do you buy your FK rod ends?

We got quite a few of our FK rod ends from Poly Performance for the Mini Baja... they had decent prices and took care of us last year...

Back