• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I think I got a good deal: 4.5 lift

Jeepcrush4

NAXJA Forum User
I wasn't looking to go that high, but came across a 4.5(rough country) lift kit. It is used about 1 year old and includes rear leaf packs,coil springs, front and new rear shocks, new u bolts, extended end links and lower control arms. All bushings are in great condition. Paid $300.00. He seemed like a really good guy and gave good info on my swap. He had the unit and did not need nor use a SYE nor did he need a longer or adjustable upper control arm. He also mentioned that he had no issues NOT lowereing his transfer case. He did mention an adjustable track bar or relocating bracket and longer front and rear brake lines. Reason I say all of this is because of the constant suggestion to the above parts that are not needed, which in return saves me lots of money in the long run. He seemed very knowledgable based on his experience with cj's/tj's, and xj's. Any arguments? I have a stock 97 4 door sport.

Last edited:
Rough Country? You may run into vibes with a 97.

All XJ's are different. The newer ones are more prone to vibes thsn the older ones. I have a 97 and it gets a slight vibe on decel after only adding an AAL.

2000-01 get vibrations more than any other. i had 6.5 w/ no sye w/ 0 vibs in my 99

True. LP axles are good for that. You're lucky you don't have any Vibes most rigs need a SYE at that height.

Good deal. However, like stated you may run into vibes. I have had 2 different 97 XJ's and they were both manufactured in the same month believe it or not. The first one had 4 inches and was good with a transfer case drop, the second one which I have now sits at just above 4.5 but not quite 5 and I tried running a transfer case drop and shims with no luck so had to bite the bullet and get a SYE. If youre on a tight budget like I am check out a place called OCONEE OFFROAD they have a website where you can get a Crown SYE shipped for $170! I have been running it for about 6 months or so and its been great so far. Best of luck

Back