• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rancho RS9000's vs R.C. shocks

Cody90XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I just upgraded to the RS9000's from Rancho. What I was looking for was a more compliant shock that didn't feel like they were quite so stiff. I took the advise of the shop that did my gears and went with the 9000's. I got them installed this morning and after about 150 miles of highway and asphalt roads that could use some reworking. Even some that just would be better off as a dirt road. The new shocks are so much better. I used them in the lower range of thier settings. 1 is a little to soft and I think 3 is going to be my empty XJ setting. When I get it loaded down with gear people and spares I think 5 maybe the setting to use. as of right now I am very happy with the shocks. Hopefully in the next week it will dry out some here and I can get some offroad evaluation time.

Heres a couple of pics.

AllySoccer006.jpg

AllySoccer014.jpg

AllySoccer023.jpg

AllySoccer034.jpg

Last edited:
the different settings are pretty sweet. how much those run you?

I paid 90 each for them. I was torn on weather or not to buy the Bilstein 5100's or these. These the reason I went with these is the adjustablility. I like the fact that I can load up the rig with kids and gear and change the settings and not have it be a dog in the rear end. Not only that, it's just something else to play with.

Back