• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

32s on my 95- missing anything?

paroxysym

NAXJA Forum User
So I've thought about bumping up to a 32x11 (metric). I'm thinking of adding an OME leaf to my 3" OME packs, adding my mj shackles- for around 4"+ in the rear. For the front I'd pick up some 3" OME coils and add a spacer. I'd buy adj lowers and leave the stock uppers? IRO trackbar too...

She has 124k on her. I also planned on having a tranny cooler installed and maybe regear to 4.10s front and rear? Ill be turning the into my wheeler/utility/part-time daily driver

Don't have a tranny cooler installed, go to a junkyard and look behind the front grilles of grand cherokees till you see one with a cooler bolted right in front of the passenger side of the AC condenser. Three 5/16 (I think) bolts will liberate it and its mounting bracket, utility knife or linemans pliers will remove the lines. Takes 5 minutes and then you just install it.

X2 on everything MrSimon said, also adding you might need to bumpstop or trim - I'm at 3.5" or so and my fairly worn 32s rub if I flex any more than a dirt road would cause.

I am at 3.5 with 33x12.50s (probably around 32" by now). You will probably need to trim front/rear & x2 on what MrSimon said, except I avoided extended brake lines by relocating the hard lines which has worked quite well for me... though until recently my rig was primarily a DD, so it was wheeled easily to avoid breaking stuff. Theres nothing worse than breaking something on the wkend which makes it so you are not being able to drive to work on monday... therefore not being able to make the $$ in order to fix the XJ :banghead:

What year XJ? Automatic or 5-speed?

Last edited:
I would have dropped my brake lines, but my hard lines were in "I'm so rusty I'll break if you sneeze under here" condition and my rubber lines were nearly as bad, so I just picked up longer rubber lines and put it all in at once.

I would have dropped my brake lines, but my hard lines were in "I'm so rusty I'll break if you sneeze under here" condition and my rubber lines were nearly as bad, so I just picked up longer rubber lines and put it all in at once.

My hard lines were that bad.. Until I was working under my rig one day and sneezed...

Nah, actually they were that bad until I was pulling up to the main intersection in Springfield (MA) and the rear lines decided to completely blow out :eek: I have never been more thankful that I had a manual trans. That and the dual brake reservoir was [literally] a life saver..

So my brake lines are new from the drivers door back, relocating wasn't an issue and the front wasn't all that rusty.

Back