• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is my TRE suppose to do this?

ChristmasXJ

NAXJA Forum User
View My Video

heres a video of how much play is in my Tie rod end connected to Pitman arm. I am trying to solve my bump steer issues and I just dont know if thats how it suppose to be.

The nut on top of the Tie rod end wont turn it just turns the entire nut and bolt. what am i doing wrong

sorry stupid question but i really just dnt know lol

That doesn't look good. If you're saying that you're trying to loosen/tighten the castlnut on top and the whole thing just spins then you're gonna have to crack the nut or cut the end off. I got a nut cracker from Sears and it's come in handy several times on frozen/stripped nuts.

That doesn't look good. If you're saying that you're trying to loosen/tighten the castlnut on top and the whole thing just spins then you're gonna have to crack the nut or cut the end off. I got a nut cracker from Sears and it's come in handy several times on frozen/stripped nuts.

x2
That isn't right. You are gonna have to cut / crack / torch something to get that out. They aren't supposed to spin but when TREs go bad, sometimes they do.

Rent a pickle fork and you should be able to jam it in tight enough to get the nut off.

Back