• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting ready for Goatfest?

hollywood32

NAXJA Forum User
I wanted to check my jeep over before next weekend. So I go down to storage hook up to the trailer and drag it back to my house. 1st issue, taillights on the trailer are not workin. No big easy fix. Then jeep won't start, pull open the hood and battery is diconected. DUH. Connect battery and still no start. Battery is dead while disconected, figure that one out. Jump start the jeep and pull it into the driveway and steering feels funny.
003.jpg

I have a spare but not sure if I'm gonna mess with it since after goatfest I'm overhauling the drivetrain and steering. Still need to mount my GPS in a userfriendly spot, put a new hose on my airtank and find a spare tire. What do you have to do?

damm! you do that on bullfrog?? haha! luckily i have a spare so i guess i should bring that along.

Oh and i think i need to install some degree shims. so thats all i really have to do.

hey thats nothing a hi-lift handle cant fix :)

Hey did that happen from the last run at Cleghorn?

For me I have to fix my motor mounts, brakes need some work (longer brake lines). Not sure if I can come out or not in it and I know that if I do I cant wheel it. I was possibly going to take my YJ if nothing else but I found out while working on it today that it has some issues as well that make me think it might not be good idea atm.

I need to pull the cover off the front diff and fix my front locker. Take my radio to the repair shop and hopefully get it repaired. Install some new seats if I can find any time (doubtful).

bowing out of this one. school, money, life, take your pic.

someone at least get inappropriately drunk one night for me :cheers:

I haver s complete steering set up I could bring to the lakebed, what's it worth?? It also has a zj tie rod, pm me if interested

I need to check out a squeaking noise, spend 20 minutes checking to make sure bolts are right, check fluids, and pack. And find money so I can afford to go. :)

You better come cal! I think I will be picking up a good bottle of tequila or two!

bowing out of this one. school, money, life, take your pic.

someone at least get inappropriately drunk one night for me :cheers:

For you my friend, I'll get inappropriately drunk. I'll even take some inappropriate pictures and SMS them to you.

keep in mind when you get them, it is very cold out there...

Aw, Grimmy, I'll get roaring drunk on your behalf, too =). If it's really cold out there, my pix would be more amusing than Cal's

I already replaced my electric fan & idler pulley, drained & replaced some coolant (half-ass job), added some juice to my A/C, and got a real CB semi-installed. I'm bringing my new balljoints (Cal, don't forget to bring your, er, BJ toolkit!) just in case.

Other than that, and a million things I should still do, I just have to unload the Jeep, and repack it. I'll be on the road early Friday a.m., picking up The Egg trailer in Encinitas.

I think I may try taking a somewhat different route out there... Parker & OceanJet recommend I-15 to Hwy 79 to Domenigoni Pkyw to Sanderson Ave to 10 East. Supposedly bypasses the clustercluck that is I-215 to Hwy 60 to 10 East. Anyone else tried that route?

sigh - still need to finish painting my rock rails and install them.

I couldn't source a gas tank skid for a decent price (trailer hitch welded on by previous owner). So it looks like while I got tow points, rock rails and protection...my gas tank is vulnerable so I'll not be hitting anything crazy :(

I think I may try taking a somewhat different route out there... Parker & OceanJet recommend I-15 to Hwy 79 to Domenigoni Pkyw to Sanderson Ave to 10 East. Supposedly bypasses the clustercluck that is I-215 to Hwy 60 to 10 East. Anyone else tried that route?

Only way to go! Towing from my house to the turn off is about two hours. See you there.

Parker

Do something about that tie rod before you wheel it. Any load on the steering and it will fold. I'm an expert on this. :) At least carry spare steering on the trail so you can fix it. Hi-lift handle works.

Back