• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My first xj build

Art101

NAXJA Forum User
Well I finished this thing last night.

Specs:
2001 Automatic XJ Sport
NP231
6.5" Lift
Teraflex long arms (dont hate)
Rustys uppers
29 Spline Chrysler 8.25... 4.56s Lockright... Disc Brake Conversion
HP Dana 30... 4.56s Lockright
Advanced Adapters SYE
Tom Woods Driveshaft
35" Mickey Thompson MTZs
Other little doodads

user129pic7578125700219.jpg

user129pic7579125700219.jpg

user129pic7580125700219.jpg

Last edited:
um its a high pinion front out of a 99 xj... do you think im just blowin shit out of my ass? lol i know whats in it, cuz i put it all in

teraflex, because i didnt know any better at the time when i ordered it

Last edited:
Nice job, does it still fit in the garage?

From the photos it looks like you might have used blocks for some of the lift in the rear which has been known to cause problems, but you've started out better than many of us.

it is close on fitting in the garage, havent tried it yet... i need a spotter lol

good eye... yeah there is a 1.5" lift block in the back

i will get a real spring set up, but i was trying to get this thing done before deer season, and didnt have the money for real rear springs

not quite sure... I know for a fact the front is a lockright, the rear is some sort of lunchbox locker i assumed it was a lockright, guess I am wrong. I bought the axles from ratherbcamping, and he had bought them from ramsey. I am really pleased with these axles, but now i am really curious what the rear locker is. I'm guessing its an aussie now.

Last edited:
just get matching duplicolor paint from the autoparts store... couple coats of bulldog adhesion promoter, 3 coats of paint, 3 of clear and let them hang up to dry over night

the flares i got from rustys for 380 - my 50 gift card = $330

Update:

The holidays are treating me well so its time to dump some more money at this thing. Here is what is on the way:
-TNT Y-link Long Arm Upgrade
-Dana 30 Yukon Alloy Axle Shafts
-Currie Antirock Front Sway Bar

do you think im just blowin shit out of my ass? lol i know whats in it, cuz i put it all in

Didnt you say you dont know what kind of locker in the rear??? ha just messin

build's lookin good, but i'd recommend you pull a lawn chair or two, looks like theres enough for everyone, and thats never good. someones gotta work!

do you think im just blowin shit out of my ass? lol i know whats in it, cuz i put it all in

Didnt you say you dont know what kind of locker in the rear??? ha just messin

pulled the cover on the rear and it was a powertrax no slip locker...

cant wait for the currie sway bar and tnt y link... also the alloy shafts will give me more peace of mind

Back