• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overhead Console Bracket

splitz

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know of a good alternative to the overhead console part number [FONT=&quot]55352518?

Ironically reported this part discontinued a while back, and didn't grab it when I traded in the old XJ during the cash for clunkers program.
[/FONT]

2X on above. You may also want to try a Junk Yard for a Cherokee that has a OHC.

A little over 5 bucks at mopardiscountparts.com

those part databases are just window dressing on a shared back-end, and does not mean that any of those sites have it. if a part is discontinued it's discontinued. maybe a dealer somewhere has one in stock but you have to go ask your parts desk to look that up

Call a dealership and have them do a nation wide search. They will be able to tell you who still has one in the USA.

When looking for an XJ OHC bracket, keep in mind that the pre97 and 97+ brackets are the same. You might have better junkyard luck finding one in an older XJ.

The only difference is where the lettering "FWD" is stamped. Just spin the bracket around 180* so "FWD" faces rearward and the older bracket will grab the newer console in the correct spot.

xj_brackets.jpg

^excellent...that is what I had in mind. Other brackets that may work.

I'll hit up any chrysler with a similar overhead console this afternoon...we'll see if that works.

I'm pretty sure the Dodge minivans with a center console (most of them) had the same mounting bracket, or at least the same console plastic molding as the 97+ XJs so it should be compatible sorta.

I'm pretty sure the Dodge minivans with a center console (most of them) had the same mounting bracket, or at least the same console plastic molding as the 97+ XJs so it should be compatible sorta.

The minivan brackets are different but they'll work good enough by grabbing about half of the tabs on XJ OHC.

Early 90's minivan bracket on the left and XJ bracket on the right. You'll need to drill 2 holes in the minivan bracket to match the XJ cross support.

brackets.jpg

I love Cash for Clunkers. Found a ZJ with an overhead console that seemed to work. It only grabbed about 1/2 the tabs like JEEPZZ said, but it seems to be holding ok.

I guess I'll find out once I come off that first rock and everything slams down!

Back