• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Door Locks not Locking

Get a can of electrical contact cleaner, pull the switches out and clean the contacts. Also some Cherokees from factory came with wire harnesses to the doors that in some instances (like mine) were shorter than they should be, so every time you open/close the doors, it pulls on the wires to lock/window/mirror switches and speakers... Check the harness and make sure the wires aren't pulled out, or chaffed. Hope this helps... :D

my power locks and windows stopped working and i replaced just the passenger side switch circuit and now it works perfectly! they are cheep @ a junkyard, got mine(driver&pass side) for 14 bucks

I tested the passenger side and that switch works so the problem is definitely the master switch. I'm gonna do as 99SJX has suggested and try cleaning it before I go out and buy a new one. I was fishing last week so salt and sand could have gotten in there.

since it'll lock but not unlock the power wiring to the switch and the wiring to the solenoids is fine (the solenoids are simply connected to power with the wires swapped to unlock so any failure that affects one action will affect the other.) I would also bet on the master switch.

Its potentially something mechanical too - I just fixed mine because the DS door would unlock but not always lock correctly - the rod to the latch mechanism was bent so that it was too short and the button wouldnt actuate it. I straightened out the kinks so that it was just long enough to work - and now its working fine.

Back