• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do you guys shoot?

john_yarbrough

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,
Im new to NAXJA and thought, What could make a day of offroading better? I know, a little skeet shooting. Question is, If you guys go shooting, where at? It is getting difficult to find legal areas. If you know of any places let me know. Thanks and perhaps we could get a run together that ends with a little skeet shooting.

My collection so far:

Ruger 10/22
M1 Carbine
Marlin 795
Winchester .30-30 Model 94

I don't shoot shot, so I'm not 100% on the legal places. But I do know Mike Raahuge's place is in Chino and they have a skeet range.

I almost bought the Remington pump action 12 gauge they had on sale at Big 5 last weekend. It had the interchangable barrels for home defense and hunting. It's two guns for the price of one AND it was on sale. I thought I could justify buying the gun because of the bear that keeps trying to get into our house, and the friends of mine that constantly quail and duck hunt, but the wifey didn't go for it. Their $269 price for a $400 gun was soooooo tempting. I just need the money gods to drop some cash down on me.

My only gun right now is my dinky little .22 ruger which would only piss the bear off.

This is a Jeep thing,go shoot some other weekend.....SANTA

:passgas:BAH HUMBUG SANTA!!!!

Shotguns are legal in Johnson Valley and on other BLM land. Just try to keep it out of camp and clean up after yourself. There is also a range off the 18 on the way to Big Bear. It is often closed though due to the fire danger. "Shoot" me a PM. Maybe we can go shoot some skeet sometime.

My buddies and I like to go to Calico to shoot. Lots of hills to use and backstops.

I almost bought the Remington pump action 12 gauge they had on sale at Big 5 last weekend. It had the interchangable barrels for home defense and hunting. It's two guns for the price of one AND it was on sale. I thought I could justify buying the gun because of the bear that keeps trying to get into our house, and the friends of mine that constantly quail and duck hunt, but the wifey didn't go for it. Their $269 price for a $400 gun was soooooo tempting. I just need the money gods to drop some cash down on me.

My only gun right now is my dinky little .22 ruger which would only piss the bear off.

Pick up a Remington 870. Most reliable 12 Gauge around for the price. Great for home defense, skeet, hunting, etc. only 309.00 at Bass Pro.

Call me, I'll come tag that bear for you :D

A buddy of mine who is a cop in Redlands came up Monday night and shot one just outside of my property. Next morning I had the bear in my yard again. He came back up the next night with another bear tag and shot another one. Next morning the bear was still in my yard. He's thinning our population of bears but still no luck with the problem bear yet. Forest Falls seems to have a HUGE bear population.

Open invitation: I'm going shooting at Prado Olympic Shooting range next saturday morning. Everyone's welcome.

What: Shootin, etc.
Where: Prado Olympic Shooting Range
17501 Pomona Rincon Rd
Chino, CA 91708-9287
(909) 597-4794
When: Saturday November 7th.
They're open 8a-5p, but I'll be there around 9ish...
Who: Anyone that wants to join

The ranges are limited to rimfire and pistol caliber only. They have a trap shooting area and archery range as well.

we used to have several free shooting areas in the sb mtns, but believe they r all closed at the moment - manzanita flats would be closest to u, up the 330 approx 1.5 miles from the ranger station. redlands skeet & trap is a great place to go for shot-gunning only, it's on boulder south of baseline.

Shooting skeet requires a skeet range, with a high and low house, otherwise, you're just shooting targets.
And yes, Prado is good, it's where the shooting events for the LA Olympics were held. Also Redlands and Triple B's.
Down here in SD, Miramar is shut down right now, I have to go to Pendleton to shoot.

And I agree with Santa, keep the 2 activities separate. Much safer that way.

Back