• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

squeak when releasing brake pedal

paroxysym

NAXJA Forum User
ive noticed when i release the brake pedal theres like a squeak coming from the right rear. if i slowly let out the brake it just barely does it. im wondering if i have air in my brakes or is it something like the wheel cylinders? im good on fluid- checked it last night.

Brakes work ? Don't worry it's another Jeep thing. Mine does the same.

The brake shoes contact the backing plate. Put an extremely tiny amount of grease or better yet anti-seize on the backing plate, you will see the rub marks from the brake shoes. I have not bothered to do this, don't think I will, ever.

mine does it too. If I get the drums wet on the trail or something. The next hill i go down sucks.

ive noticed when i release the brake pedal theres like a squeak coming from the right rear. if i slowly let out the brake it just barely does it. im wondering if i have air in my brakes or is it something like the wheel cylinders? im good on fluid- checked it last night.

when was the last time the rear drums were serviced?

its never a bad idea to remove the rear tires and drums so you can inspect the condition of all parts, lubricate contact areas and adjuster, and manually adjust the shoes.

drum brakes require more maintenance then disc brakes and are very often overlooked.

Back