• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do you clean the mud out of the frame rails?

go1lum

NAXJA Forum User
For you guys like me who get the xj dirty in the mud how do you get it out of your frame rails? I am thinking this is a serious problem. I don't want we mud inside my frame rails but can't think of any good way to get it out. :doh:
Any suggestions?

i'll respond with the typical smartass solution: avoid the mud in the first place :)

as far as mud already in there.. i suppose it would be possible to rust out your framerails if you get a lot of crud/water in there on a regular basis. seal em up?

Put a lawn sprinkler underneath the Jeep for a few days. The kind that sprays in the arc sort of pattern. A pressure washer wouldn't hurt either...

I've been considering spray-bedlining or undercoating the insides of my frame rails as soon as I redo my floors (don't want to be welding that close to that stuff, especially where I can't see it if it catches fire)

Xwhatever on the garden hose / pressure washer stuck into the front end of the frame rail.

Back