• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33s on 2 inches lift?

DoctorPhate

NAXJA Forum User
I have a friend who is selling me a 2inch BB kit with brand new stock leafs and coils. I have another friend who has a nice set of 33s and I was wondering if I'd be able to fit those 33s under my fenders.

I've already taken out my inner fenders and replaced the front bumper with a custom that sort of looks like the JCR ones. I currently run 235/75R15s and I have tons of flex in the front. Due to my sagging rear leafs however I only have about 4 inches clearance between tire and the fender.

With the new leafs (literally only driven on for 1 year) and the extended shackles and coil spacers I should be netting 2 inch lift OVER STOCK.

I only have this picture of what the jeep looks like now.

14642_193206949991_675749991_4028236_6897266_n.jpg

Again, thats 235/75R15s and the rear is sagged quite a bit. They look straight when just standing still with no weight in the rear.

what do you guys think? will 33s fit? or is it a pipe dream?

I'd like roughly the same amount of clearance as in the front currently shown in the picture. A little less I don't mind but I need some kind of flex.

Any help would be awesome.

Search. Read the Low COG thread. A 33 is about 4" taller than a 235/75. Do not fear the sawzall.

If you don't mind cutting yeah they'll fit 33's on 2 inches is pushing it with out proper clearancing and bumpstopping.

I don't fear the sawzall normally but this is my DD that I use to go see clients. I can't have a hack job going on.

I saw the low COG thread but theres like ZERO flex on most of those vehicles. I guess I'll settle for 31s.

thanks guys.

prepare to trim alot, i ran that setup for awhile and it did great

I'll just run 31s if its going to require that much trimming. I can't have a hack job for a vehicle right now. Once I get a new DD I'll start hacking away at it.

I don't fear the sawzall normally but this is my DD that I use to go see clients. I can't have a hack job going on.

I saw the low COG thread but theres like ZERO flex on most of those vehicles. I guess I'll settle for 31s.

thanks guys.

31's is what i plan on doing. I'll roll the 235's til they wear out i reckon.

I'll just run 31s if its going to require that much trimming. I can't have a hack job for a vehicle right now. Once I get a new DD I'll start hacking away at it.

you dont need to hack it to make it look or work good, heres how mine sat with the 2" and 33's
j_001.JPG

2884_95275818454_513533454_2661122_2603793_n.jpg

yeah. and I don't really know what my other options are.

I hear the rusty flex flares work ok but I know that Stock Jeep flares will take a beating. Maybe you could move them up like a lot of people do.

How much cutting did you do? I thought about doing TJ flares because bushwackers are ridiculously expensive.

the rear i did the typical cut & fold, the frt i took about 2" all the wat around, i also added 2 hockey pucks per a side for bumpstops

Ouch, Stock flares sound better to me! :D

And what about the issue of the stock fender not covering completely the newly made circumference?

i just moved the stock flare up to cover the cutting and removed the stock plastic inner fender

I removed most of the stock inners but I dont want to remove the back parts because then the rockers fill with dirt and stuff. Rusting from the inside out sucks.

I was hoping to keep as much fender as I could. lol. 31s should be ok though right?

I removed most of the stock inners but I dont want to remove the back parts because then the rockers fill with dirt and stuff. Rusting from the inside out sucks.

I was hoping to keep as much fender as I could. lol. 31s should be ok though right?

31's would be a great choice prob alot better for you then 33's, you prob wont even have to trim much if you dont do any crazy wheelin

Back