• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nexen Tires ?

Hylander

NAXJA Forum User
Treadwright.com, check them out. They are remanufactured and not just your average Retread tire. I run the 235/75/15 mud terrains and Have never had a problem out of them. They are basically the same as the mud rover too.

I run treadwrights on my trail rig. Love 'em

As for the nexens. I have a set of Rodian streen tires that come on a TJ I bought for my daughter. They seem to be fine. Good wear, good grip ect...

Nexen tires are made by Capitol or Capital. They are knows for their N500 street tires mostly due to their directional design. The Roadian H/T and A/t's are am alright tire. Ive personally mounted up hundreds of Nexen and Capitol tires. For a not well known name of a tire. i really dont have many balancing issues with these tires. Ive never seen or mounted their mud tires. so i dont have any information for you on those. good luck. -Matt

Oh yes and the Dunlop Mud Rovers have paper thin sidewalls. Id steer away from them if you do any aggressive offroading

Don't know much about their mud tires, but I agree with Smitty. I had their N3000 on my GTO and they were great. Treadwear, traction, design were awesome for the $$.

check out www.onlinetires.com they have amazing prices, and they are in So-cal you could probably do pick-up and have Wal-mart mount them up for $40 (Nevermind. your 400mi away.. why the hell is cali so damn big!)

4 Federal Couragia M/Ts

Subtotal:
$426.76
Shipping & Handling:$81.31 (too lincoln ca)
Tax:$41.61
TOTAL:$549.68

(m&b at tire shop $40)
I have had Great luck with them, i can show a picture of my durango with 32"s
would buy them again in a heart beat, at 20k miles they still had 60% tread.

Ha, I was just checking these out last night.The Couragia's a good deal, though, I found the Nexen for $92+ / tire.I like tires that have some tread on the shoulder and sidewall.Unfortunately, I have heard the same thing about the Mud Rover's having weak sidewalls.

i ran them on my durango and will be putting them on my new 5.9 zj. they were an awesome tire. that really surpassed my expectations in every condition (except ice..)

why not go with a Maxxis big horns? there also very cheap and not well known tire company, but are very comparable to the KM2's but muchhh cheaper!

if you like the maxxis big horns. get the summit mud dawgs. same exact tire. Maxxis is actually a very well know tire company. Just new to the auto industry

Back