• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

REPLACEMENT CARPET compatibley

rhinoron713

NAXJA Forum User
well i can't spell but does anyone know if my 87 xj will accept a carpet kit from a 93-95 xj .......pick and pull has a smokin clean xj 2wd sport and the carpet is spotless ,but it's a different year ;will it fit the 87 ? my keen eye tells me the seat mounts are different for the front seats !!

pick and pull only wants $35.00 for the whole thing ,I just might get it anyways and make it fit

I think it should fit, not sure - better chance if it has the same door setup i.e. two doors vs four.

Sounds like it's a 95-96 model where they had the same body style but the front seats mounted differently on that square rail. The dimensions for the layout are the same but the pre-made holes for the rear front seat bolts and that square channel will be different. If you don't mind seeing a couple of holes and a cut line under the front seats then it's possible by just cutting off the excess for that channel and cutting a few new holes for the bolts.

Back