• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is this "bolt?"

Texas Twitch

NAXJA Forum User
i put bolt in quotes because it LOOKS as though it had threads at one time but it doesn't now. It ahs a 7/8" head, is about 1" long, and was found in my parking spot by my neighbor so i'm not even sure it goes to my jeep. 91 cherokee laredo, 4.0, 4WD, if that helps at all. HELP ME!

i will try to link the pic, but since photobucket doesn't like linking, here is the direct link:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/mattbeard/P1010651.jpg

P1010651.jpg

the fact that it has a hole through it makes me think that is a broken-off banjo bolt from one of the front brake lines, at the caliper end.

EDIT: 7/8" head? Nevermind. I don't think it's from your XJ

EDIT2: the only possible thing I can think of is some sort of shift detent bolt or something from the TC or transmission, but I strongly doubt either of those.

not Torx, regular box-end 7/8"

also, they have been doing construction at my complex lately, so there is a good chance it is from something/someone else, i just want to make sure.

It looks like a snapped off wheel stud.

thanks for the input, but just checked and i've got all my studs. thanks though!

The raised shoulder under the head is common for bushings, however the bushing hardware has a flange head. Also the only thing I've seen with a hole at that position is a brake bolt but they are way smaller and don't have a raised shoulder

My guess it fell off one of the work trucks. Probably a pressed clevis pin

nope, definitely not a banjo bolt. at least not an XJ brake banjo. bolt is too big and hole is WAY too big. Well, that and I can still stop! I think im just going to resign myself to believing it's from a work truck or something. Thanks for the input guys!

Back