• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

America, last man standing

It is a scary agenda they carry.....Worldwide Islamic State....

I wish them the best of luck....

An interesting viewpoint. However, I disagree with the dissing he is giving Neville Chamberlain. He was the only Allied politician in Europe during the late 30's that gave his country enough time to prepare for war. Specifically, Chamberlain was responsible for rearming Britain's defences. The Spitfire was built purely for defence of home territory, it would not have seen operational service if Chamberlain had not stalled for time with the Appeasement of Europe. If the Hitler had invaded France sooner, Britain would have wasted her out dated weapons defending France before she had built a modern defensive force. Without Chamberlain's appeasement of Europe, Britain would have crumbled in a Blitzkrieg invasion in 1939 or 1940. Churchill, recognized Chamberlain's foresight and had him serve as a member of the war cabinet throughout WWII.

Interesting... not sure I'll take everything it says without a grain of salt. In fact I'd rather learn Arabic and read the Koran for myself, see what it really says (I am non religious and will be remaining that way) and compare it to the Bible (specifically, the old testament) but I lack the time to do so. Pity they won't let anyone translate the Koran into English officially, like the KJV.

As for appeasement and diplomacy... appeasement is like hoping a tiger will turn into a vegetarian if you throw him enough steaks, diplomacy is saying "nice doggy" until you can find a really big rock to hit him with. You better find a really big rock and if he knows you won't actually use it, you better have a lot more steaks.

Interesting... not sure I'll take everything it says without a grain of salt. In fact I'd rather learn Arabic and read the Koran for myself, see what it really says (I am non religious and will be remaining that way) and compare it to the Bible (specifically, the old testament) but I lack the time to do so. Pity they won't let anyone translate the Koran into English officially, like the KJV.

As for appeasement and diplomacy... appeasement is like hoping a tiger will turn into a vegetarian if you throw him enough steaks, diplomacy is saying "nice doggy" until you can find a really big rock to hit him with. You better find a really big rock and if he knows you won't actually use it, you better have a lot more steaks.

I have a copy of it in English, very disjointed reading, worse than the bible.

Make sure you find out exactly how the Muslim world uses the Koran. IE, in Christianity, while the Old Testament is a very important part of the Bible and our faith, that was a world under a different covenant with God. One based on works rather than grace. So, you may be wanting to compare the Koran with the Old Testament, but understand first that the Old Covenant is no longer in effect. There are no sacrifices made anymore, Christ was the eternal sacrifice. There is no more chosen land, here on Earth.

Cliffnotes: if you're looking to compare Islam and Christianity, the New Testament is what you want to pay attention to. That is the covenant we live under. The law no longer condemns us to death, it points us to Christ.

It seems to me that the big difference between those new imigrants from Arab states and all the others isn't their religion per se, but their inflexability.

Even around here, every group wants it's own identity and to not loose it by becoming part of the American Melting Pot. You see this in an increase of hyphinated race names. African-American, Italian-American, Mexican-American, etc. We are all American. We can't become one thing if everyone wants to be separate.

What is happening in Europe we see here with people from Chicago and Milwaukee on a much smaller scale. They come here looking for a better life, but many insist on holding onto the lifestyle that led, directly or indirectly, to their previous problems in their old neighborhood - and expect the people who have lived here for generations to except that lifestyle and the problems that go with it.

So, no, I don't think the problem is purely religious in nature. I believe the problem is one of wanting to remain different, and as we often see with new neighbors - they want to change the neighborhood to fit their expectations instead of trying to "fit in".

Ron

When did Chicago or Milwaukee become a "First Nations Reserve"?

Are First Nations communities experiencing an influx of imigrants? Can you relate to the thread, and if so, what is your spin on it?

In otherwords, I am looking for more than taking an out of context snipet - and attacking it.

Ron

Last edited:
I think they use the "looking for a better life" line as an excuse. It is more "I want to have my cake and eat it too" - they want the best of both worlds. Impose their beliefs on others, or have the freedom to spread their agenda, but also reap the benefits of their newfound home.

Too many people don't understand what "freedom" really means - it doesn't mean you can do whatever you want with no limitations. It also doesn't entitle you to thinks you didn't earn or deserve.

It seems to me that the big difference between those new imigrants from Arab states and all the others isn't their religion per se, but their inflexability.

Even around here, every group wants it's own identity and to not loose it by becoming part of the American Melting Pot. You see this in an increase of hyphinated race names. African-American, Italian-American, Mexican-American, etc. We are all American. We can't become one thing if everyone wants to be separate.

What is happening in Europe we see here with people from Chicago and Milwaukee on a much smaller scale. They come here looking for a better life, but many insist on holding onto the lifestyle that led, directly or indirectly, to their previous problems in their old neighborhood - and expect the people who have lived here for generations to except that lifestyle and the problems that go with it.

So, no, I don't think the problem is purely religious in nature. I believe the problem is one of wanting to remain different, and as we often see with new neighbors - they want to change the neighborhood to fit their expectations instead of trying to "fit in".

Ron
If you look at a lot of the passages from the Koran, their religion is their problem. It tells how every facet of life is to be run, to adapt to the new surroundings isn't allowed. In fact, it can be punishable by death! If every part of their culture is a mandate from Allah, there can be no deviation. Their job/goal is to convert all others to Islam. If you don't convert...

Like that father who ran down his daughter for becoming to 'westernized', I'm becoming more and more convinced that the two religions really are not compatible.

Make sure you find out exactly how the Muslim world uses the Koran. IE, in Christianity, while the Old Testament is a very important part of the Bible and our faith, that was a world under a different covenant with God. One based on works rather than grace. So, you may be wanting to compare the Koran with the Old Testament, but understand first that the Old Covenant is no longer in effect. There are no sacrifices made anymore, Christ was the eternal sacrifice. There is no more chosen land, here on Earth.

Cliffnotes: if you're looking to compare Islam and Christianity, the New Testament is what you want to pay attention to. That is the covenant we live under. The law no longer condemns us to death, it points us to Christ.
Hmmm. I hadn't considered that. As a former Christian I'm quite aware of the differences - the Old Testament was all about what actions you should or should not take, the New Testament is more about solving the corrupt/evil thoughts that the behaviors stem from in my opinion. I no longer believe, but I continue to try my best to treat people well unless I have a really, really good reason not to. I didn't realize the Koran had so much in it about how life should be lived, I thought it was more about what one's beliefs should be.

Hmmm. I hadn't considered that. As a former Christian I'm quite aware of the differences - the Old Testament was all about what actions you should or should not take, the New Testament is more about solving the corrupt/evil thoughts that the behaviors stem from in my opinion. I no longer believe, but I continue to try my best to treat people well unless I have a really, really good reason not to. I didn't realize the Koran had so much in it about how life should be lived, I thought it was more about what one's beliefs should be.

Not only that but the imams come into play, the sunni and shiite, one believes that the imams are in fallable and are to be belived 100%, on the other hand the flip side is they are just people and fallable, thats what the whole shiite sunni thing is about...

Like that father who ran down his daughter for becoming to 'westernized', I'm becoming more and more convinced that the two religions really are not compatible.

Change the word "religion" to "Culture" and I think you've got it abut right.

RichP said:
Not only that but the imams come into play, the sunni and shiite, one believes that the imams are in fallable and are to be belived 100%, on the other hand the flip side is they are just people and fallable, thats what the whole shiite sunni thing is about...

We have the same issue with Priests, Pastors, and Ministers. We believe they pass on the word of God. We also hold them higher than anyone else in the community. We have believed that if Father Flanigan tells you something, it's about as golden as you can get.

Ron

Back