• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One of my more favorite mods

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I have always fought with turning tight on slick rock and on switch backs. I am running a D44 in the front with a lunchbox locker. I bought a Tera2lo and installed it before heading to Fall Fling. It was a dream. I could disco the front axle any time I needed to make a turn and then reconnect without having to get out of the driver's seat.

This isn't a change in ratio, it simply allows you to switch to 2 wheel drive but in low range. It was less than $200 IIRC, but I actually bought it a couple of years ago. It got misplaced and I only found and installed it a month or so ago.

I did this same mod about a year and a half ago and I feel the same way. I think it is one of the best things you can do if you're running a front locker. I also modded my t/c shifter to make it easier to shift back and forth between 4 low and 2 low. Glad to hear you like it.

Does this work with the 231? Whats the install like? I took my aussie locker out due to that issue (along with DD work in CNY winters)

D30 CAD with a Posi-Lok cable = 2 low.

Front digs around corners are fun too! :yelclap: :conceited

Front digs around corners are fun too! :yelclap: :conceited

How do you do a front dig when the 2lo disconnects the front.

Does this work with the 231? Whats the install like? I took my aussie locker out due to that issue (along with DD work in CNY winters)

It only works with the 231,the install is pretty easy!

Love mine as well. Only bad thing about them is you can easily forget you're in 2wd when you want 4. Only takes a second to fix it and you're on your way though. I run in 2LO a good bit even on purpose.

D30 CAD with a Posi-Lok cable = 2 low.
If you have a lunchbox locker, the front disco yields 3 wheel drive. You would think it would freewheel, but that has not been my experience.

Back