• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question on lift

ridge_runnerxj

NAXJA Forum User
im home in 2 days. im gonna install my 3 in lift. any pointers or trouble i may have? also ill be doin some heavy trimming (32x11.50 on 3in lift) whats the best way to cover the edges? other than smoothing with grinder. im not reinstalling the flares.

Seriously search around. There are tons of writeups on lift installs here.

Check out:
http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/myjeep.html

He's got a great writeup for the RE4.5 that I used. The same things will apply generally to every lift. Get a couple of cans of PB Blaster and start soaking ALL the bolts twice a day NOW. I did this for a week. Do not cut corners here. Even if you think you won't have to remove the bolt hit it with PB just to be sure. Make damn sure you hit the rear upper shock mounts. Hit the spring bolts FROM THE FRAME SIDE by shooting through a hole in the unibody. Because of the metal sleves in the leaf spring bushings I had to cut two of those bolts anyway. They were like $5 each from the stealership. There is a nut in the unibody (rear leafs) that can break off meaning you have to cut the unibody and weld it to repair it. Make sure you hit those with PB from inside the frame as best you can. I went through 1.5 cans of PB before starting in on my lift and not only did I not break a bolt but they came off easy (except the two that I cut). You may also want to look at renting a strut spring compressor to get your springs on.

Good luck. Search this site for tips and if you really get into trouble post back here.

Back