• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

downsides to the goferit flip?

I think the downside to this is that, its just a waste of time.
Why is it a waste of time? It's a nice, inexpensive way to go over the knuckle and t's not dangerous unless you install the spacer incorrectly.

subscribed

also considering this

You can't use a cotter pin. Rustys has one for ten bucks that you insert and ream with a stock tapered reamer and you can use a cotter pin. Castle nuts and cotter pins seem a lot safer to me than a lock nut.

You can't use a cotter pin. Rustys has one for ten bucks that you insert and ream with a stock tapered reamer and you can use a cotter pin. Castle nuts and cotter pins seem a lot safer to me than a lock nut.

Wrong.

I didn't like the idea of a locknut either, so I ground down the bottom of the insert (after it was welded in the knuckle) until I could fit a castle nut/cotter pin.

Drove this for way for about 6 months with no issues whatsoever.

That was just my experience, if I ever did another set i think I would counter sink the flange and weld them flush with the top of the knuckle.

Ten minutes and a little magchloride and you won't ever have a problem with it coming off.

searching shows potential interference problems with the swaybar brackets and the rims, but it seems a lot more people use these than complain about it. maybe everybody does it after other mods

I used it when I did my WJ swap on my old D30. Didn't run a sway bar and still don't so no interference there (no axle end brackets).

No interference with the rims either. 15x8 4" BS.

I bought one of these years ago, then caught threads where others were warning about possible issues ... so it sits in my toolbox. I'd love to finally install it if it'll work out for me.

I had to grind the hell out of my coil bucket to clear my oversized tie-rod. I think you need to either get rid of or move your swaybar link too...I don't run swaybars so that wasn't an issue for me. I have a pic somewhere.

I bought one of these years ago, then caught threads where others were warning about possible issues ... so it sits in my toolbox. I'd love to finally install it if it'll work out for me.

it won't work for you.
i'll paypal you $5 and pm you my mailing addy right now... :laugh: :eyes:

I found that going over the knuckle causes clearance issues that have to be dealt with. It is worth it if you like tinkering with stuff.
yeah, you can tell even just by eyeballing it that there is a lot of stuff in the way.

i'll be grinding off my swaybar mounts and trackbar mount. i've already bought the parts to weld onto their new locations. i even already have the Rusty's insert on hand if i decide to go with the taper reamer method. but i'm not committed until i actually do the swap, so i'm still considering the go-fer-its

Back