• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle flip?

That's the way a bunch of trucks come out of the factory. I wouldn't quite compare ot to the revolver shackle. My Ford Bronco is set up like that for example. It works very well and there are not problems with handling or anything.

Explain to me how you are going to get that to work on a Cherokee without completely redoing the rear shackle hanger.

You're not. I haven't really thought about it, but I guess you'd build a bracket that hangs down. Or section the frame for room. Or move the springs inboard. Haven't gotten that far, just exploring the possible benefits :dunno:.

i did the opposite on my k5 blazer for crawling purposes. i think it would be more for the go fast stuff

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure how useful this is. sure, you get a ton of droop - but don't you want up-travel with a go fast rig? I guess it would help keep the rear end on the ground through anything short of goign airborn, so you get more stability out of it through uneven terrain... but you wind up with a lower ride height out of it, necessitating a shorter shackle or bigger leaf packs which both limit flex / ride quality... Unless you go longer leaves at the same time which presents its own difficulties with the XJ...
Maybe F-150 leaves or some such, flipped shackles and relocated / dropped front mounts could get you the ride height you need with flatter packs and better stability for go-fast?
Thinking out loud here, don't take anything as gospel...

Back