• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blower switch as a relay trigger

Devil_Mutt

NAXJA Member #1244
I got struck with the blower motor/resistor pack gremlins. As a temporary fix for this winter, I am going to run the blower motor off of a 30/40 amp relay. I know that it will only run on high like this, but Im okay with that. From what I have found by searching on the site here is that all the speeds of the blower switch run thru the resistor pack, except for the high setting. What I would like to do is use the wire that goes with the high setting as the trigger for my relay. That way, when I switch the HVAC controls to off, it would shut the blower motor off as well.

Can someone tell me which terminal or wire on the back of the switch is the high speed one? I have tried to look at a schematic, but Im not too good with um.

I got struck with the blower motor/resistor pack gremlins. As a temporary fix for this winter, I am going to run the blower motor off of a 30/40 amp relay. I know that it will only run on high like this, but Im okay with that. From what I have found by searching on the site here is that all the speeds of the blower switch run thru the resistor pack, except for the high setting. What I would like to do is use the wire that goes with the high setting as the trigger for my relay. That way, when I switch the HVAC controls to off, it would shut the blower motor off as well.

Can someone tell me which terminal or wire on the back of the switch is the high speed one? I have tried to look at a schematic, but Im not too good with um.

Just run the Pos supply straight from the battery and use a local ground, then using a multimeter you can determine which wire on the HVAC would be your trigger for the high speed setting.

Anyway, my best answer is that the HI setting on the switch is the 12 gauge WT/BK wire.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Back