• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do I need a Green sticker?

tgregg

NAXJA Member #1444
I have non oppe'd my CJ5. It still has a plate on it but it is expired. The registration is no problem, the problem is having to keep it insured. Will I have a problem in Johnson Valley? Should I see about getting a Green Sticker for it? Any thoughts?

Well that is not good as I for sure will want to put it back on the road at some point. I trailer it so it currently never goes on the street and the insurance is pretty expensive for a vehicle that only currently gets driven off road.

Try to see if your insurance company has a recreational vehicle policy, they may offer reduced rates if you keep under a certain number of miles each year.

On my cherokee i insured it for just the mini state required, cost me like 25 bucks a month and i get to drive on the street. It will take care of the other persons car and hospitial if i god for bid hit them. and well my cherokee with become a part jeep for a new build :)

On my cherokee i insured it for just the mini state required, cost me like 25 bucks a month and i get to drive on the street. It will take care of the other persons car and hospitial if i god for bid hit them. and well my cherokee with become a part jeep for a new build :)

Its called liability insurance. Shop around, it could be had for less then $200 a year.

Try to see if your insurance company has a recreational vehicle policy, they may offer reduced rates if you keep under a certain number of miles each year.

What he said, my insurance is like $35 a month, but I know esurance has lower rates if you can show your vehicle has less than 2500 miles per year.

I pay $24.95 every 6 months for the insurance on my '62 F100 4x4. I told the insurance company it see's about 50-100 paved miles a year, and they were good with that.

Talk to your agent, and then call a few other vendors.

Well that is not good as I for sure will want to put it back on the road at some point. I trailer it so it currently never goes on the street and the insurance is pretty expensive for a vehicle that only currently gets driven off road.

Who is your insurance company? What kind of coverage are you looking at?

I'm 25, no tickets/accidents. I have liability only on my XJ with 5k per year mileage.

It adds about $10 a month to my insurance.

I'm with AAA. At 65 you'd think it would be cheap but I have two cars plus my XJ and motorhome and motorcycle all insured. To add the CJ it was only a couple of hundred dollars but I don't drive it ever on the road and really don't take it to the desert very often. The XJ is much more comfortable to drive off road. I was just trying to figure out a cheap way to keep it legal for the occasional desert use. Registration is like $49. Anyway it is non opp'd now so I'll just leave it like that for now.

Back