• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Come one come all

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
To the event of all events: Rockin' XJ Jamboree 2009 known also as GoatFest.

This event will have everything a wheeler would want including a great dinner on Sat! Dinner will include TriTip, Slaw, Beans and a soft drink. Dinner charge: $15

There will also be a raffle. We still have prizes coming in but if anyone has anything to donate either shoot me or Josh a PM.

What is our goal with this event? We want to give back (As always). We will donate this year's profits to two causes:

1. The adopt a trail will get 70% of the profits: They will include profits from the raffle as well as the dinner.
2. The remaining 30% will go to the ranger who lost everything in the fire as he was working on saving others and their belongings.

We will also have a donation can out there in case anyone wants to throw in extra $ in towards the Ranger.

U.S.F.S Ranger loses homes, and animals in fires

One of the homes lost in Sheep fire was owned by Bobby Wright, the US Forest Service worker who was assaulted last month in Lytle Creek
------------ --------- ------

Friends say Bobby Wright is relying on faith to get him through his loss.
He doesn't have much else left.
The U.S. Forest Service employee lost his home Saturday during the Sheep Fire northwest of Lytle Creek.
The 20 dogs he had rescued died in their kennels as the flames roared up Lone Pine Canyon.
Less than a month ago, he was attacked and beaten while writing a parking citation in the course of his duties.
Six years ago, he lost his previous home in the Grand Prix Fire. That time, he was able to rescue the dogs before it was too late.
Wright, 63, had been living in a mobile home east of Lytle Creek for about two years. The property is at the end of Swarthout Canyon, a winding dirt road in High Desert terrain.
He had been helping with evacuations Saturday as the fire rampaged through thick brush toward his mobile home, his dog kennels and his co-worker's horse stable.
Wright tried to get home to rescue the animals, but his co-worker and friend, Forest Protection Officer Jack Kennedy, decided it was too dangerous.
"I was tempted to let him go back in there, but the flames were moving so fast, we both would have been killed," Kennedy said. "The flames were swirling like a tornado and sounded like a railroad."
A helicopter was able to douse Kennedy's barn, sparing the horse, but Wright's dogs couldn't be saved.
"This was the second time he lost everything he owns," Kennedy said.
Kennedy, who lives in Wrightwood, offered him a place to stay Saturday night, but Sunday the town was evacuated.
Wright returned to the charred rubble of his property Sunday to bury his dogs. He could not be reached for comment Sunday.
Six years ago, Wright was living in the Middle Fork area of Lytle Creek when the Grand Prix Fire swept through and left his home in ruins.
Kennedy said Wright then lived in a church until two years ago.
After losing his Lytle Creek home, Wright got a job as a Forest Service recreation technician, patrolling forest land and checking for violations, Kennedy said.
On Aug. 31, Wright was writing a $5 citation for illegal parking at Applewhite Campground near Lytle Creek when he was hit from behind, kicked and beaten. He didn't realize he had been mugged until he arrived at the hospital, Kennedy said.
One man has been arrested in the attack, and warrants have been issued for two others.
As a seasonal employee, Wright had been scheduled to be laid off in the coming weeks, but the Forest Service has guaranteed he will have a year-round job.
"He doesn't know what to do. He has nowhere to go," Kennedy said. "Right now he's holding on to his faith."
Forest Service employees are taking donations to assist Wright in recovering from the fire.
Contributions may be made to the Lytle Creek Ranger Station, 1209 Lytle Creek Road, Lytle Creek, CA 92438. For more information, call 909-382-2851.

havent missed a Goatfest since I started wheeling. Richard, I'm sorry but I will always call it GoatFest. :D

havent missed a Goatfest since I started wheeling. Richard, I'm sorry but I will always call it GoatFest. :D

Don't be sorry....it's an honor. :)

Thanks to you guys for keeping it going.

Goatse fest?

I've missed ONE since my first one. Two years ago my 1990 Jeep burned to the floorboards less than a month before the event. I just didn't make it that year =(.

And yes, it's still GoatFest. Not only is it a memorable name (that always involves explanations to non-NAXJA folk) but it's easy to say!

Is there going to be event shirts available?

does dinner need to be prepaid or can we pay at the event depending on how we feel that night?

If Rick is coming, he will proba ly be brining some of NAXJA store swag

Back