• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lost my exhaust--looking for repair suggestions

pantherchams

NAXJA Forum User
A few weeks ago I lost my exhaust from the muffler back. It basically seperated at the muffler, and the pipe from there back came off. I was planning on ordering a new catback but it wasn't a high priority.

This weekend, my "downpipe" (is that what I call it on this thing?) seperated at the flange to the cat. So now all I have is a piece of pipe running from my exhaust manifolds to around the TC, then nothing.

I ordered a catback. The cat seems reusable if I can get all the bolts off. The piece I need to replace is the downpipe. Is there a good place to get a new one, or am I going to be better off looking for part outs? Or do you think I am better off taking all the pieces to a muffler shop and having them fab up a pipe?

Thanks!

Ben
91 4.0 AW4

See if you can have a friend weld everything back together if you still have the parts.

My tailpipe (from muffler->back) snapped off and I ended up removing the muffler so a buddy could weld it. It sounds like you lost much more than I did though.

Any muffler shop should be able to make a downpipe for you. Consider having them add a section of flexpipe in to help prevent stresses on the exhaust header from causing cracks.

Back