• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6 SPEED

spinnerdog

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this mercedes nsg370 that has been put in some rubicons. 6 gears would be nice. It looks like first has a great ratio.How much are they???? are they still rare in the junk yards? Any comments would be much appreciated

still prity rare in junk yards but not only that they only came in 05-06 jeep tj's not just the rubicons.... have fun on that one because you either have to butcher the bell housing the get the cps to work or by a cps kit from hisco....

in my opinion its not worth it just put a 4 to 1 kit in your tc.... but thats just my opinion.
:huh:
He didnt even mention T-cases,a 4:1 wont do anything for the gear range.

Last edited:
Maybe he just wants the extra gear ?

The OD gearing on the NSG370 is pretty much the same as on the NV3550 and AX-15.

The low first gear is about the only reason to swap to this tranny other than the cool factor.

AX-15
3.83 2.33 1.44 1.00 0.79

NSG370
4.46 2.61 1.72 1.25 1.00 0.84

Seems to me to be worth it if you could find one cheap enough. I haven't heard anything of the strength of them so I won't speak to it.

The only bonus of the AX-15 is availability and very slightly taller OD gear.

I was more intrested in the 4.46:1 first gear and maybe the 6th gear. I have had to pull the little arrow light bulb out it wouldn't go out even in 5th gear at 55mph. It keeps looking for 6th. I have 4:10 and 32" and the rpm's are only off by maybe 400 from stock.

Back