• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to NAXJA, lovin it.

dwchkypmp20

NAXJA Forum User
Bought an XJ a couple months ago and have been snoopin around pirate and CF, and kept wondering why there wasn't a more dedicated, popular xj forum, then i found it!

Little back round, i just got out of the import scene about a year ago, and bought me a jeep! i have a few good buddies that race MDR, and i figured since i dont have enough money to build a race truck, might as well buy something that just goes every where! maybe not so fast but it will get every i need it to go!

The Jeep the day i bought it:
IMG00010.jpg

97' cherokee sport.
-4.0, 5sp
-d30/8.25
-31's
-RC 3.5 with blocks in the back :wow:
-all the up country factory armor:gas skid a t-case skid

drove it for awhile, added a race radio to comunicate with the fellow racers i chase for, along with a farm jack from HF and some hella 500's

A few week weeks ago bought some 33x12.5x15 BFG AT's and some steelies, but then found a good deal on a parts jeep:

95 2 door sport
-d30/8.25 with 29 spline axels and detroit both w/ 4.56's
-RE 5.5 super flex
-90% BFG MTs with mickey tomphsons

No pix of the parts jeep yet but i will be doing all the swapping this week! wish me luck!

sorry for such a long story, but just wanted to thouroughly introduce myself!

David

Welcome to NAXJA David! Its strange that you found a 95 with 29 spline 8.25. Previous owner must have upgraded from 27 to 29spline. nice to find already built XJs on the cheap

Welcome to NAXJA David! Its strange that you found a 95 with 29 spline 8.25. Previous owner must have upgraded from 27 to 29spline. nice to find already built XJs on the cheap

he did. i was pretty stoked to find it. it had a minor roll over. look for a lot of parts to be for sale soon!

now i need some help too, who has a SYE for sale? i have a 231, butr i am pretty sure i will need a SYE with the 33's correct?

now i need some help too, who has a SYE for sale? i have a 231, butr i am pretty sure i will need a SYE with the 33's correct?

Welcome! I have a case with a sye already installed in the local classifieds, I got the SYE from Advanced Adapters but there are a few other kits available. Nice score on the parts jeep, sounds like you have a huge jumpstart on collecting parts! See you in the dez one of these days!

are you getting vibes? im running 32's on a 4.5 lift and have the T-case drop that came with kit, no vibes..... even with a trip to Azusa all was cool.
well i am still currently on the 31's with no vibes, but this week ill be jumping to the 33's and have been told that at 33's i will for sure need a SYE

Welcome! I have a case with a sye already installed in the local classifieds, I got the SYE from Advanced Adapters but there are a few other kits available. Nice score on the parts jeep, sounds like you have a huge jumpstart on collecting parts! See you in the dez one of these days!
Yeah see i am not quite sure which SYE to get though, i see that there is many different ones at different prices, but i do not know enought about jeeps yet to know which is the propper one

and ill be in barstow the weekend of the 7 for the MDR points champ race!

Last edited:
Always wanted to try the good ol' vitara setup, seems as though a lot of guys got those things to move pretty good. i swore i wouldnt mess with hondas again, maybe some day, who knows... hahaha

Back