• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reccomendations on remote start

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
99XJ. All I want is remote start and the keyless entry. Dont really care about the light flash, horn chirps or anything like that. Im within 100 feet of my truck when i will use it anyways. Any reccomendations of what I should get ?

I was one as a gift a few years back installed it on my sidekick and burnt the bastard to the ground. The tape they give you with the kit is s**t and it peeled off and shorted out I knew i should have gone in the house and got the 3m tape:shiver:. Sux to watch your rig burn up. Will never put one of them things in again.

Good luck to you:gee:

I was one as a gift a few years back installed it on my sidekick and burnt the bastard to the ground. The tape they give you with the kit is s**t and it peeled off and shorted out I knew i should have gone in the house and got the 3m tape:shiver:. Sux to watch your rig burn up. Will never put one of them things in again.

Good luck to you:gee:
haha, we remove them more than we install them.

I have a MARS system with 2 way remote, had it installed. I really like it.

I installed the Bulldog Kit, I purchased the inline wiring harness for the jeep, making it a very easy install.
I got everything needed from amazon.com.

Bulldog - Installed the kit about 6 years ago. It was one of those $44. deals. It still works great except for the remote has wore out. I have to take the remote apart and clean it about once a month to keep it working. There are holes worn through the corners of the remote that allow pocket lint and moisture to foul uo the button contacts. One note, had to buy 2 extra relays to get the door locks to work. with this kit.

Back