• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A-Pillar Aux. lighting bracket

94HOCHEROKEE

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know where I can find a A-pillar bracket, or a good write up on installing aux. lights near the windshield washer jet???
Any input, insight, or ideas on locations other than the roof are greatly appreciated........:shhh::clap:

Rocklizard used to sell the a pillar but he only makes liberty parts know but I think he had told me someone else who made them cant remember it has been a while

I mounted mine on the cowl. I do not recommend it. When you turn the lights on, the glare off of the hood is a bit too much.

IMAG0285.jpg

I dont think it would. It is even bad with he hood covered with mud. Seeing your hood lit up disracts you from seeing the distance of the lights. Almost like looking out your window at night when the lights are on inside your house.

I dont think it would. It is even bad with he hood covered with mud. Seeing your hood lit up disracts you from seeing the distance of the lights. Almost like looking out your window at night when the lights are on inside your house.
yep. agreed. i used to have 4 KC's on the roof. and i just couldnt make them work for me, the glare was just to much. Mud does not make a difference so i dont see how paint will either.

The best place for lights is somewhere infront of the grill..

yep. agreed. i used to have 4 KC's on the roof. and i just couldnt make them work for me, the glare was just to much. Mud does not make a difference so i dont see how paint will either.

The best place for lights is somewhere infront of the grill..

i think you had your roof kc's too far up towards the windshield. i ran daylighters on the roof on my '01 and had no glare at all. but i agree with you that upfront on the grill are the best. roof lights are sweet but unnecessary unless you want to lead on the trail

they make lower scoops for those pillar lights to fix the glare problem. i think the scoops look kind of tacky, but theres an xj in my town that has them with kc slim-lights or the like, and it looks decent

Back