• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas Mileage

Baja_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
When I replaced my header gasket I broke my O2 sensor, I replaced with a new sensor. Had all vacuum lines unplugged that goes off the intake. When I put it back together I had a hard finding what lines went where and started it without the map sensor vacuum plugged in. But I used to get around 400 miles out of a tank and now I get less than 200 to a tank. What the hecks going on with it?

When I replaced my header gasket I broke my O2 sensor, I replaced with a new sensor. Had all vacuum lines unplugged that goes off the intake. When I put it back together I had a hard finding what lines went where and started it without the map sensor vacuum plugged in. But I used to get around 400 miles out of a tank and now I get less than 200 to a tank. What the hecks going on with it?

What size tank do you have on that thing! :eek: I've never gotten over 380 when i was bone stock. Maybe you have a leak from the exhaust manifold gasket or a cracked manifold.

There is a three part article on XJ mileage in JP Magazine. I have posted the links a number of times, and here is a link to the links: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=973163&highlight=mileage&page=2

What size tank do you have on that thing! :eek: I've never gotten over 380 when i was bone stock. Maybe you have a leak from the exhaust manifold gasket or a cracked manifold.

I checked the manifold when I had it off and no cracks, new gasket, torqued it 3 times since installed it. Stock tank btw, all about the gearing

I checked the manifold when I had it off and no cracks, new gasket, torqued it 3 times since installed it. Stock tank btw, all about the gearing

Kinda figured that. I will be doing an 8.8 and 4 cyl. front axle to swap to get 4.10's That with 31's should bring some mileage back.

Back