• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Steering Pressure Hose

joelevelis

NAXJA Forum User
2000 XJ/ 4.0/ Auto/ NP242/ 4WD/ 194K.
It is used as a DD and not abused.

I have replaced the power steering pressure hose 4 times with OEM parts and now it is leaking again. It always leaks at the lower swage where rubber meet metal fitting and seems to last 2 years. I do not hit the steering stops while driving or ever hold the wheel hard over.
Anyone have similar experience or is there a better hose out there?
Thanks,
Joe

I haven't had a similar experience, but if you take the old hose into a hydraulics shop, they can make you a new one, with the same or better fittings. perhaps if you take a picture of how the hose fits in there, they can recommend something better for you.

This type of construction is quite common at most hose shops. Easy and takes about fifteen minutes. As a bonus, they are cheaper than the factory ones and are almost always made of better stuff.

Time to stop buying the oem ones. I got mine from work for my 89'. No issue yet in 2.5 years

I haven't had a similar experience, but if you take the old hose into a hydraulics shop, they can make you a new one, with the same or better fittings. perhaps if you take a picture of how the hose fits in there, they can recommend something better for you.

This type of construction is quite common at most hose shops. Easy and takes about fifteen minutes. As a bonus, they are cheaper than the factory ones and are almost always made of better stuff.

I agree, go for custom built.

Back