• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CEL Flickering Constantly

MrShaft696

NAXJA Forum User
The Check engine light only flickers every now and then. It will not stay on. When I do the trick with the key it will only read the last code that it was showing, which was for when I disconnected the battery (12). I have no clue how to handle this, it flickers all the time while driving and going over bumps etc. , any ideas of how to figure this out? Or should I just wait till whatever it is breaks or stops working? I have a feeling it has something to do with the crank sensor or throttle sensor but I dont know because a few weeks ago I had a problem starting it, but then it just fired no problem & has been since.

I would hit the battery cables and grounds.

Does it usually only flicker at low rpms?

I would hit the battery cables and grounds.

Does it usually only flicker at low rpms?

There is nothing consistent that I can tell. It will do it at idle or at 55, so I am not sure. Can you run a on board diagnostic while its happening maybe and would it pick up the code?

It would be worth a shot if you have the scanner.

The key test is S-L-O-W!, allow a full minute or so, should signal 12 and 55 (end of test) if no fails.

The key test is S-L-O-W!, allow a full minute or so, should signal 12 and 55 (end of test) if no fails.

Thats what it does & thats why I am stuck. I am thinking I can take it to autozone maybe and they can hook up the scanner while its running maybe?
I have had problems with the battery cables before, I guess it could be related to those or the grounds. I dont know where all the grounds are though other than what comes off the neg batt wire.

Back