• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift & Cut

teevexj

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently running a 3" suspension lift with 30" all terrains. Over the winter/before next summer starts I wanna be able to fit 33's or MAYBE 35's.

I was thinkin about doing a 4" overall lift and cutting the fenders, would I be able to run 35's by doing this? I have heard of people cutting with 3" and fitting 33's so I'm hoping it will be ok.

Also does anyone have any pics of this setup (33's or 35's) I did a search and couldn't find anything. Thanks.

I have a RE4.5" on 33's w/o any trimming. I don't see any problem running 35s with some minor trimming. At 4" you should be fine as long as you bumpstop and trim correctly. Also keep in mind that adding more lift may cause you to need some new lift components such as brakelines, control arms, trac bar, sye ect.

I have a RE4.5" on 33's w/o any trimming. I don't see any problem running 35s with some minor trimming. At 4" you should be fine as long as you bumpstop and trim correctly. Also keep in mind that adding more lift may cause you to need some new lift components such as brakelines, control arms, trac bar, sye ect.

x2 & search, search the low center of gravity or COG thread, search trimming threads, search everything. I have 4.5" of lift and run 33's with minor trimming, 35's will require some bumpstop and trimming, be prepared for what you choose, gears and axles etc.

I was wanting to upgrade to 4.10 gears as well and possibly some lockers as well but that won't be until late summer. But I will search the COG thread and also some trimming threads, I checked out a couple trimming tutorials but I got some more research to do.

Depends on what you want to do dont get misled you arent going to run 33's with that lift trimmed or not if you disconnect the sway bar. and if you dont disco the swaybar then your not doing any serious wheeling.
I have six inches of lift extended bumbstops and still eat inner fender with 33's. I will be fixing that soon. my point is if its a mall crawler or you just cruise down dirt roads you will be fine. if you actually wheel it and flex it you will eat fender and stuffing a fender tight up into the fender well while trying to move is a good way to snap an axle shaft.

Here's 3" on 33"s

DSCN7459.jpg

DSCN7458.jpg

I already have swaybar discos that was one of the first things I did besides tires. It's not really a mall crawler, it is a DD but on the weekends I use it to it's fullest.
Nice truck Ritter, how are you for clearance? I want the 33's more for fuel economy but I don't really know the difference there.

Back