• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For Those Getting New Tires... Green Article :)

I didnt find it on your link?

The last time i tried to recycle a set of bald tires they wanted to charge me $25 a tire, I thought that was crazy and just left them in my old apartment garage...
If the places i called would say $5 a tire i would gladly pay it but $100 for dead tires was crazy.

I gave you a thumbs up vote, Derek =).

Has anyone on the SoCal forum tried those Treadwrights? All I found when I searched were from folks back east, and they may just be grateful if their tires don't rust!! "Recycled retreads" sound scary, but $76 for a 31x10.50 Warden (that looks similar to a BFG AT tread) sounds like a helluva deal. BFGs run $150 for the same size.
9.jpg
9_2_.jpg

The last time i tried to recycle a set of bald tires they wanted to charge me $25 a tire, I thought that was crazy and just left them in my old apartment garage...
If the places i called would say $5 a tire i would gladly pay it but $100 for dead tires was crazy.

WOW! That is really ridiculous. Seems someone wants to bend us over at every chance... :(

Usually it's been somewhere in the $1.50-$5 range, but that's if you're buying tires from the company. I could see them reaming someone on the price if all they're getting is the "hassle" of recycling tires.

I gave you a thumbs up vote, Derek =).
Has anyone on the SoCal forum tried those Treadwrights? ... $76 for a 31x10.50 Warden (that looks similar to a BFG AT tread) sounds like a helluva deal. BFGs run $150 for the same size.

$500 for five shipped to my door doesn't seem like a bad deal, especially when I can mount and balance them at work. It's definitely something to think about.

i've been looking for 33's myself but they dont currently make 33's from what i've seen its so lame, my current pick of tires (im in the market of new tires) is the general grabber at 2, or the kumho MT KL71... if anyone's got a better tire with good treadlife and traction i'd be glad to hear it

i've been looking for 33's myself but they dont currently make 33's from what i've seen its so lame, my current pick of tires (im in the market of new tires) is the general grabber at 2, or the kumho MT KL71... if anyone's got a better tire with good treadlife and traction i'd be glad to hear it
Bridgestone Dueler A/T (REVO or 695) are the best A/T tire I've ever run. 2nd comes Dayton Timberline A/Ts

I ran some retreads that I bought over here in Germany and they were awesome, even the sidewalls were retreaded. My buddy over here bought the treadwrights and I would have to say they are good for the preice but the sidewalls were a bit weak.

Back