• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cleaning up Spilled Oil from Carpet? Any suggestions?

ltkaknm

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all,

I knocked a bottle of NoSmoke over in the back of my 90XJ and was wondering if you guys have any tips on how to clean it up. The stuff is really thick and I keep the Jeep really clean and I am kicking myself for storing it back there. Any help would be appreciated.

LTK

Resolve carpet cleaner, any walmart or grocery store will have it.

Castrol SuperClean in an steam cleaner will take every bit up. Use a cup to 3 gallons. Then go back over it several times with hot water only.

First take a shop vac and get out what you can with that. Then get some Origanal dawn dish washing detergent and some very hot water and just put a little on it. Let it sit on there so the dawn can break the oil down. Then do the steam cleaning thing up above.

Hey
Use Oxy clean stuff. When i got my jeep it was horrible and nothing would take out the oil and junk in the carpet except Oxy clean. Now its spotless

Herculiner :roll:

Back