• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

directional trouble after LED install

redneckboarder

NAXJA Forum User
so i put LED taillights in the jeep yesterday, the front already had them

I was making sure everything was hooked up right and it all worked fine and dandy

After i finalized the boxes and got everything in the directionals just dont work

I changed the fuse and put a new relay in and now i am stumped

I went through the wiring several times but i still cant figure it out and Id like to drive it on the road.

thanks for your input

Replace your flasher module with an electronic one. Traditional flashers are fancy circuit breakers that continually pop and reset from the incandescent current draw, but they do not work when the current draw drops below the threshold (either because bulb is out or because LEDs). Electronic ones are self-contained and work regardless of bulb type (hazard flasher is already electronic, so hazards always work when a bulb is out).

They're pretty cheap and available at any parts store

i forgot to add that i already did that and replaced it with the same, weird thing is the hazards work fine so i know the wiring is correct

yea im gonna try getting a new one later

the fuse and the relay both have 12v going to them

i played with it for a few min and then the directionals are turned on sometimes they blink once then nothing and sometimes the indicator light on the dash illuminates very faintly but the lights dont do anything

and then sometimes i get nothing at all

fixed it, i bought another relay and that did it, i guess when i though i had switched the flasher and hazard i didnt, so all is well thanks for the info

Back