• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

iRON ROCK otk

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
I have had it one for about a month and love it. No more death wobble, or any wobble for that. Steering is tighter, got rid of some dead spots, probably the best $$ ive spent on the jeep so far.

hm

the fact that they just stick a bolt in a tapered hole doesn't sit well with me. just keep the bolts tight and it shouldnt be an issue i guess.

my brother inlaw is running this kit on his 5.9. its a pretty decent kit! far superior to the rugged ridge! ( i hated my rr steering! )

hm

the fact that they just stick a bolt in a tapered hole doesn't sit well with me. just keep the bolts tight and it shouldnt be an issue i guess.

Comes with a tapered isert.

I don't absolutely love that it's got two heims on the steering arm and neither are double shear.
For 350 + shipping, I wonder if you could live with your current setup, maybe go WJ on the cheap (I know, I know - unlikely to be comparable in price)
HOWEVER I've never heard of somebody having catastrophic heim joint failure or bolts breaking due to being mounted single shear AND you can go 5/8"
It probably wouldn't be my solution.. but then, I'm not lifting my jeep any more than 2" till I can get WJ knuckles on it.

Why is the drag link all funky and bent like that?

Cause it goes over the tie rod and back to the same mounting bolt. One of the reasons I bought the kit was that they offered the 1/2" kit so I didn't have to drill.

Does anybody have any pics of this kit installed? I was trying to decide between Currie and Rock Krawler, but this seems like another good option.

not the best pic

photo-101.jpg

wow, when I first looked at that it looked like the drag link (axle end) went to the trac bar bracket (frame end)
didn't notice the sway bar hid the bend in the drag link, second look made more sense.

seems like an odd way of doing things, having the drag link go under the knuckle and in front of the tie rod...

Having never seen either in person:
I like the rock krawler setup better. The tierod is the goofy bent piece, not the draglink. That helps it to clear the diff and the axle-end swaybar mounts. They seem pretty much the same otherwise.

Having never seen either in person:
I like the rock krawler setup better. The tierod is the goofy bent piece, not the draglink. That helps it to clear the diff and the axle-end swaybar mounts. They seem pretty much the same otherwise.

Drag link is the "goofy looking" piece he is referring to not tie rod.

Back