• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2003 - 2006 Rubicon Axle

KJurasek

NAXJA Forum User
I am building a custom axle off the dimensions of the 2003 - 2006 Rubicon axle. It is going to be a HP Dana 44 with 1/2" tubes, and Solid Axle inner-C's.

Does anyone know where I can find information about the dimensions of the Rubicon axle?

Since it is relatively new, it seems there is not many write-ups about it yet.

Any input is appreciated.

KJ

Are you going to build a TRUE 44 or something similar to the rubi 44? The reason I ask is cause the rubi 44 insn't a TRUE 44 to me.

What dimensions are you looking for? Are you using a unit bearing outter or are you going with the older spindle and locking hub style?

Fawk, 30 spline alloys are 30 spline alloys. You could even use Super 30 inners.

He said it's going to be a cut down HP44 with Solid Axle inner-C's.

Warn used to have all their shaft lengths by application in a catalog, you might try poking around their site.

The housings will be different sizes so I don't see why you need measurements off a rubi axle. You might as well take your measurements off a regular Jeep 4 link dana 30. Being this is NAXJA you probably have on under you Jeep!

What he needs, whether he knows it or not, is the length of the inner axle shaft from the Rubicon axle. Then he can subtract that from the length of the inner axle shafts that are in his full width HP44. The difference is how much he needs to shorten the axle tubes.

He can put the control arm mounts anywhere he wants as long as he gets the vertical seperation about the same as stock, unless he wants to change it anyway. Track bar mount is going to be custom as long as he does some sort of high steer. If he doesn't do high steer, why even do a 44?

He is wanting to use Rubi inners to build his HP44. I used them and it worked just fine. WMS to WMS ends up at 62'', 1.5 inches wider than stock axles.
Rubi inner axle dimensions
Long side-31.84"
Short side-16.96"
I called TNT or Treks, whatever you want to call them, told them what I was building and they made me a truss with the brackets to fit. It was a clean, easy install and saved a bunch of time.

Back