• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Bump Stop Sleeve Question

98CherokeeSport

NAXJA Forum User
So i have been searching for a few days now in my free time ideas for a better front bump stop. i am running about a 6" lift with 35s. i have a three inch bump in the bottom of the coil in the front. i trimmed the fenders as high as i can without cutting away the washer fluid resevoir. i am still rubbing really bad in the front. i saw a picture of a guy that had taken pipe and sleeved it over the top bump stop and extended it way down into the coil. i cant find a writeup or picture of anyone who has done this. does anyone have any ideas about this or has anyone actually done it themselves?

any help is appreciated!

You'd be much better off to put some hockey pucks in the center of the spring on the bottom of the spring mount. You can also get poly extended bumpstops for the front. Welding a pipe on the extension puts too much stress on the sheetmetal and looks too redneck.

hockey pucks are ~$1.00 each, drill a hole in it and bolt it down. ! use 3 pucks and a 3" aluminum spacer.

The problem with adding too much bumpstop on the bottom of the spring pad is that the upper bumpstop ends up missing the lower bumpstop under articulation.

Believe me, I have 6-7 hockey pucks and they completely miss the upper bumpstop so they're useless.

i already have a 3" lower bumpstop. maybe i will just try the upper replacement bump stop

Back