• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aluminum Body Rod Ends (Heim)

THE_OWL

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone used the FK-Rod Ends brand Aluminum Heims?
The Heim itself is steel, but the body is Alum.
Rated at 28,000.
Any opinions or experiences on this ?
Rod Ends
What are you guys using for Suspension and steering links ?
thanks

Edit: Looks like there is conflicting info on the net. There page says 16000 static :(

Last edited:
two forces to worry about. radial and thrust.

heims are far better suited to radial loads than thrust loads, and most link suspension geometry doesn't require a lot of thrust load capacity....pay attention to radial load ratings.

also, there's really no need to run aluminum, there are plenty of offerings that are more affordable with higher ratings...

I use FK, and I also use a lot of Aurora. I buy my high-misalignment heims through Infinite, pm me for details

just from experience ..... Qa1 rod ends are fine for rockrig slow speed only...

i drive my junk on the street too.. and i've noticed that aurora rod ends when totally shot are as tight as qa1's brand new.. the difference is night and day.. i also like the way aurora has the teflon sealed inside the end.. not injected like a qa1.. just my $.02

QA1 ends are mostly junk made in China. I've used alot of rod ends over the years, FK is by far the best I've used.

Run the chromoly 3pc rod ends, dont skimp on something that will save your life. Why consider aluminum? Are you building a boat or something?

Thats funny you should say that, QA1 offered a quote to produce one of my products, but they added one little detail, that the parts would have to be made in China and that way thye would be just as good but a whole lot cheaper to manufacture...I of course had to turn that idea down, glad I did.

XJguy

I just spoke to the guy at Poison Spyder about making some links and my Crossmember/Skid.
He told me (quote): "No we use QA-1 ends, Aurora are junk"

Maybe Ill just put a short arm Rough Country lift and a "Its a Jeep thing" sticker on, and be done :(

owl if you'd like i can show you a picture of what the wonderful qa1 rodends look like after having them on my longarm setup for 6 months of driving 2 hours to paragon.. wheeling , then driving back.. the teflon not only buckled but the rod ends started spewing teflon like linda blair. use aurora 1 inch or 1.25 inch ends.. they are monsters and super beefy and strong.. like buddy lee.. can't bust em

Back