• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ Back seat in an XJ?

LYKOS

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone done this?

I found a set of seats for my XJ and I'm thinking of putting the rear in as well. BUT I also car camp a lot and sleep in the cargo area. If you've done this can you tell me if the back seat will still lay down?

Thanks

xj-grin in the CO Chapter did it, search his threads....

yea it folds down flat.

i did it so i could carry my spare inside and an extra passenger.

i didn't have to cut some plastic and foam it up though. i had maybe a 2" gap at most between the seat, and carpet. didn't bother me.

installation was as simple as drilling some holes

i did it, it sucks i took them out and replaced with black xj leather seats. I kept the front though! hooked up the power recline and heat they are great other than the loss of head room! the loss in the back was rediculous My head was hitting the roof! now im planning on putting 4 baja seats hoping to get more room in there!(And they look sweet!) all these guys who put them in and "love them" must be 4 feet tall cause it really robs your rear of space!

Back