• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mismatch parts, need a little help

mattlago

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 XJ SE. It came factory with no center console (floor). Just shifter, 4x4 lever and Ebrake between the seats. Center mount not offset.

I got tired of not having any storage or an armrest so I bought one online used from ebay. Slid right in except for having to take a little off the front due to my vents.

There were some screws that hold it down in the center console and it isnt moving around but it came with no hardware for the rear portion of it (say by my elbow or closest to the rear seat).

When I searched online it looked like there was a bracket for 97 up and nothing I could find for 96. Is there one out there? Will the 97 fit (even if I have to modify a bit? Anyone have any suggestion on how to fasten it down? Is this just the way it is and I should pull out some sheetmetal screws?

I had a 2001 before and this bracket cracked. Looked like a flattened tripod and was easy to install but I am wondering if that will mate up anyway to this one in my 96. Not looking for appearance as much as durability, so ANY SUGGESTIONS are welcome.

PS, I searched, but either I suck at it, or didnt see anything this specific.

Back