• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

31's/stock wheels 8.8 no spacers.

jonzer12

NAXJA Forum User
I am ordering everything for my 8.8 swap right now.
I am running 31x10.5 tires on my stock wheels.

Will I need to order spacers or can I get away without them?
Being in Canada I want to order everything at once to save on shipping.

I can't find a clear answer to this.

Id say your going to need spacers,that set-up on an XJ axle is very close to the spring pack!

I would recommend them, but it can be done. My spare is still on a stock wheel and it works on my 8.8 without rubbing the spring pack.

i ran my 8.8 with some steelies with over 4" of backspacing...and no spacers for half a year, no problems. now i have 1.5" spacers in the back. you should be ok.

i believe you need atleast 4"s of backspacing to clear the calipers on the 8.8" assuming you have the 8.8" with discs

Never thought about caliper clearance, yes I did buy one with discs. I'll wait to order until tommorow and try my spare tire on it tonight. I'll post back about whether or not a stock jeep wheel even fits period. Rusing to get this done before the snow hits and I want to get everything ordered ASAP.

i believe you need atleast 4"s of backspacing to clear the calipers on the 8.8" assuming you have the 8.8" with discs

my stock steelie cleared it no problem.

Back