• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Starting a mild build, need stuff.

LYKOS

NAXJA Forum User
I posted this in the WANTED forum and after a couple response I realized some advice might help me more than cheap parts.

Hi all.

I'm starting the build on my 01' and I want to keep it as low buck as possible.

Here is my wish list:

5 15x8 Cragar Soft 8's or comparable wheel.

Bumpers, front and rear. I'm looking for the typical setup with recovery points and winch mount on the front and tire carrier on the rear. I know, EVERYONE wants a set. I'm just fishing and hoping I get lucky.

I need a drivers side window regulator

CD/player with aux plug for my Ipod

Overhead console?

My drivers seat is shot. I'm a lard ass so it stays broken. Any sort of good, solid front seats in grey would be considered.

SYE for np231

Driver shaft for a 3" lifted 4door XJ with a SYE

auto locker for a Low pinion Dana 30

Selectable locker for a 8.25 Corp rear.

4.11 gears

Adj. LCA's

Extended brake lines

Quick discos

Roof rack

So someone mentioned parts from a tractor supply store for the LCA's and a front drive shaft to use as a rear after a SYE installation.

Any other low buck advice for a relatively mild build?

Oh, and do I really need adjustable LCA's with such a small lift and tires? My tires rub as it is...

you're on the right track for trying to keep it cheap by looking into used stuff. i know how expensive winch bumpers can be (main reason why i dont have one yet). as for tire carrier, i think the detours tailbone system is great for the price.

a headunit i just picked up recently is one from the Sony CDX series w/ aux input for about $100. quadratec.com has packages which include the wiring harness for our cherokees.

with some fab work you could probably get almost any seat you want to fit. id look into some leathers from a wj or zj since they seem like a popular swap.

hope some of this helps

LYKOS, I read what you said earlier on the 100,000 mile maintaince thread................. You sir will have very few friends here........ (n)

it's not that this forum likes to bust peoples balls for braking the law, its that you're helping to ruin out enviroment, for some stupid perceived performance gain that doesnt exist.

this is your 2nd thread thats gonna get reported, i personally hate wtb threads, but wtb threads in mod tech? sin!

yessa.... smog nazis are already on to us as it is. we dont need more of a reason to get our little fun parks shut down. common sense isnt so common nemore. oh ya and jeeps are built not bought there LYKOS so just do some research with the SEARCH bar and youll find what you are looking for.

There's people on here who've been involved in motorsports and ran both with and without cats on their drag cars, and noted that there was no benefit to losing the cat, and then put it back on. Ditching the is dumb. Bragging about breaking a federal law on an open forum is retarded. Congratulations, you've been nominated!

Back