• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

would this work??

jasonsxj

NAXJA Forum User
just a thought ! i sooooon will be putting in fullwidth 44 and 9" !? in and was thinking if i could just use coilover shocks ? no coil springs! would that work ? and my pockets arn't deep enough for king coilover's :bawl: thanks

Sorry, coilovers won't work on XJ's. The unibody won't handle them.

:wierd:

anything will work with coilovers, but theres still coil springs.

or you could do airshocks.

sky's the limit once you find the local high end shock retailer, just leave cheap at the door.

WHAT ABOUT lift? obviously you dont put coilovers on the daily driver... your gonna need to go into the engine compartment AS-IS.

If you are going to mess with air shocks or coil overs (I never really understood why they called them coil overs when they don't have coil springs) it is a minimum 12" to 14" lift. It's just how it goes.

I never really understood why they called them coil overs when they don't have coil springs

Looks like the "coil" is over the shock to me :dunno:
2inchcoil.gif

To me that looks like a completely different piece of hardware.

This is a coil spring:
extension_drawing.gif

If you are going to mess with air shocks or coil overs (I never really understood why they called them coil overs when they don't have coil springs) it is a minimum 12" to 14" lift. It's just how it goes.

I went with coil overs on the back of mine but had to go with 16"s of lift since that's all I could get.

I went with coil overs on the back of mine but had to go with 16"s of lift since that's all I could get.

Point proven right there. Otherwise you end up with the shock mounted to the drip rail.

This is a coil spring:
extension_drawing.gif

What do you call that thingy coiled around the shock? :guitar:
2inchcoil.gif

Why do they need to have 12"-14" of lift to use coilovers?
Do you mean 12"-14" of travel? That makes more sense.

Back